Metro East GLRS is a part of a network of seventeen sites to provide professional learning and other resources to educators and families of students with disabilities.
Metro East GLRS serves the following school systems: DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Rockdale Counties; Buford and Decatur Cities.
In addition, DeKalb Rockdale GNETS, Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, and North Metro GNETS programs are supported.
What we do…
GLRS staff is specialized in providing professional learning, technical assistance and coaching for school systems on a variety of topics related to students with disabilities including:
- Provide Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) support to school systems
- Assist Focus Schools with CCRPI
- Analyze data
- Facilitate math and reading projects
- Implement/support drop-out prevention initiatives
- Support transition planning and services
- Develop other specialties based on student needs related to the CCRPI and SPP/APR